Locations to get a walk-up flu shot in the greater LA area.
Every winter season, health officials suggest for the general public to getting influenza vaccinations—more colloquially known as flu shots—to protect against the flu; this year, with the presence of COVID-19, there is an increased conversation in not only getting vaccinated but doing so safely. One of the best bets to do so is to wear a face covering and also go to a walk-up location where distancing from crowds is inherent.
Stuff in LA has gathered a list of walk-up locations in the greater Los Angeles area where the public can receive flu shots. This article will be constantly updating as we learn more. It should be noted that while these do not have the “Outdoor” classification according to a County of Los Angeles PDF resource, they are not guaranteed to be outdoors. We suggest calling the organization to get details if you prefer an outdoors location.
County of Los Angeles Public Health
The follow locations are open to the public. They do not require appointments and are first-come, first-served. Face coverings are expected.
- 8800 Valley Blvd, Rosemead, CA, 91770
- 12:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- 23519 Civic Center Way, Malibu, CA 90265
- 9:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
Charles R. Drew University
- 1731 E 120th St, Los Angeles, CA 90059
- 9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Glory Church of Jesus Christ
- 1801 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90015
- 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
Weingart Center Association
- 566 San Pedro St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
- 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Huntington Park Library
- 6518 Miles Ave, Huntington Park, CA 90255
- 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- 601 W Lancaster Blvd, Lancaster, CA 93534
- 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
- 1201 Loma Ave, Rosemead, CA 91770
- 10:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
- In a park, so it seems to be outdoors